Sussex County Sheriff’s Office
39 High Street, Newton, NJ 07860 • TEL: 973.579.0850 FAX: 973.579.7884
- Crime Stoppers
- Crime Stoppers is a program designed to encourage cooperation between citizens and the law enforcement community.
- Project Lifesaver
- The Project Lifesaver program provides assistance to residents who are primary caregivers for an individual with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia disorder as well as families of children afflicted with Down syndrome, autism, traumatic brain injuries or cognitive impairments.
- Community Alerts
- Sussex County residents are encouraged to register their phone numbers with the CodeRED program. Another program, Register Ready, should be utilized by people who have disabilities which might interfere with their ability to safely evacuate in the case of an emergency.
- A collaboration between the Sussex County Sheriff’s Office, Division of Senior Services and the Sussex County Chiefs of Police. The goal is to reduce the criminal victimization of seniors and enhance the delivery of law enforcement services population.
- The Sussex County Sheriff’s Office D.A.R.E. program offers Drug Abuse Resistance Education to the youth of Sussex County in conjunction with area school districts.
- The Community Emergency Response Team is made up of volunteers who give critical support to first responders in emergencies and provide immediate assistance to victims.