- Foreclosure Listings
- Online and up-to-date
database of sheriff’s sales.
- Inmate Visitation
- What you need to know
prior to visiting an inmate.
- Contact Information
- Telephone numbers and a
contact form to get in touch.
- Community Alerts
- Featuring Register Ready and
- Attorney IDs
- Expedites attorney access
into the courthouse.
Sheriff’s OfficeNews Room
Resources for homeowners facing foreclosure
- Posted: May 23, 2011
If you are a homeowner experiencing difficulty making your mortgage payments or you are already facing foreclosure, you are not alone. Help is available but you can’t procrastinate or hope the problem will just go away. The further behind you get, the fewer options you may have to save your home or avoid foreclosure.
The links which follow can provide assistance to homeowners in distress.
- New Jersey Judiciary Foreclosure Mediation Program
- This program, launched in 2009, gives eligible homeowners access to housing counselors, lawyers and mediators who may help homeowners in foreclosure remain in their homes. It is a partnership of the judiciary, the Office of the Attorney General, the Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency, Legal Services of New Jersey, the Office of the Public Advocate and the Department of Banking and Insurance. Call toll-free: 1.888.989.5277.
- New Jersey Homeownership Preservation Effort (NJ HOPE)
- This site provides resources to help homeowners avoid foreclosure. It is operated by a public/private alliance of government agencies, nonprofits and financial institutions.
- New Jersey HomeKeeper Mortgage Assistance Program
- This program provides financial assistance to New Jersey homeowners who have a track record of making their mortgage payments on time but are now at risk of losing their homes to foreclosure as a direct result of unemployment or substantial underemployment.
- Homeownership Preservation Foundation
- This national nonprofit has one mission…to help distressed homeowners avoid foreclosure. It provides comprehensive financial education and confidential foreclosure prevention counseling. Call toll-free: 1.888.995.HOPE.
- Making Home Affordable
- This program is a component of the Obama administration’s strategy to help homeowners avoid foreclosure, stabilize the country’s housing market, and improve the nation’s economy. The primary goal is to give homeowners struggling to maintain their home mortgage payments the opportunity to refinance or obtain a loan modification.
- Loan Scam Alert—What You Should Know
- Loan Modification Scam Alert Campaign
- Consumer Alert: Home Mortgage Foreclosures/Subprime Lending
- Legal Services of New Jersey: Anti-Predatory Lending Project
- Ten Warning Signs of Abusive/Predatory Lending
A charge is an accusation and all defendants are presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty. If you have any questions regarding anything published herein, please contact the Public Information Office at 973.579.0865, ext. 2010.